[BLDG-SIM] eQUEST: Insulation

micha radi micharadi at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 24 12:16:00 PST 2007

Hello everyone,

I have run a case using Detail Interface.. I used Schematic Wizard to input
my data and I used Detail Interface only for the walls and roof construction
(The materials I want are not included within the program). I first created
materials, then layers, then construction and finally assigned it to the
walls and roof.

The first run I put all my materials, for both walls and roof, without the
thermal insulation. I did this to see the effect of thermal insulation on
air-conditioned buildings, obviously. Then I re-ran the case with adding the
thermal insulation in both walls and roof construction.

The problem being is that I don't see any real effect in adding the
insulation. My results show that the difference between having and not
having thermal insulation is around 3 kWh, which is certainly nothing. I
used different insulations, only very slight change occured.

What should I do?

I will really appreciate it.

Micha