[BLDG-SIM] Runaround Heat Recovery?

Brandon Nichols BrandonN at Hargis.biz
Fri Feb 23 16:08:04 PST 2007

All,

Has anyone been able to successfully simulate a runaround heat recovery
circuit in eQuest?  It seems no matter what loop we choose for our
waterside heat recovery, program rejects it.

Reading some other threads, it sounded like perhaps this waterside heat
recovery is only for chillers -- true?  If so, then there must be some
way to approximate a runaround heat recovery circuit using BDL.

Before reinventing the wheel, thought I'd ask to see if anyone already
had one...

Brandon Nichols, PE
Mechanical
HARGIS ENGINEERS