[BLDG-SIM] I've got a GOOD eQuest question..

Aulbach, John jaulbach at nexant.com
Wed Feb 21 18:47:17 PST 2007

I simulated an 80,000 sq.ft building, a two wing, three story building.
Each three story wing is to have it's own fan system (ASHRAE-90.1-2004
requires it to be Package VAV). So I set it up this way, and
successfully ran the model.

The Ls-C output, I am told, is the only place in the model where the
conditioned sq.ft is shown. 80,000 sq.ft, lo and behold.

But THEN I went to SV-A, two of them one for each fan system. BOTH of
the sq.ft shown on were 80,000 sq.ft

The DOE-2 help for DOE-2.2/eQuest says the following for the SV-A report
(and I quote):
----------------------------
System-Level Design Values

SYSTEM TYPE

is the code-word identifying the type of system.

ALTITUDE FACTOR

is the altitude adjustment factor for air flows; it multiplies air flows
at sea level to get air flows at the actual altitude of the building.

FLOOR AREA

is the total floor area of all zones served by the system that have
ZONE-TYPE = CONDITIONED or UNCONDITIONED, or, for ZONE-TYPE = PLENUM,
that have non-zero occupancy.

-----------------------------------

My plenums are shown as zero occupancy.

So WHY does it seem to be counting them as part of the Floor Area ????

HALP !!

John R. Aulbach, PE, CEM
Project Manager
Nexant, Inc.