[BLDG-SIM] Reduction in Energy consumption?

Paul Hay phay at cwjamaica.com
Tue Feb 27 06:16:02 PST 2007

For what its worth, simulation runs used in preparation for the Jamaican
Energy Efficiency Building Code showed that wall reflectance was more
effective than thermal insulation in reducing cooling loads.

So, we are now allowed to use no insulation on walls, as long as they have
low solar absorptance.

Paul Hay
Managing Partner

PAUL HAY Consultants
15a Cassia Park Road
Kingston 10
Jamaica, W.I.

Strategic Facility Planning & Design Office Automation

tel: +1 (876) 923-8882/or
      +1 (876) 923-9433
fax: +1 (876)923-3038

website: www.phcjamaica.com