[BLDG-SIM] Incentives

Sharon Gould sgould at franklinenergy.com
Mon Feb 26 11:56:19 PST 2007

I implement an energy efficiency program for new construction (multifamily,
mixed use and commercial) and can provide insight on how our program is set
up, who our typical client is and when we are successful.

We provide incentives based on the calculated energy savings (kW, kWh and
Therms) using various modeling software programs, modeled against an
appropriate baseline.

If you want to contact me, I can share some thoughts on what timing and
market dynamics affect the incentives vs. adding first cost to the
construction budget.  The incentive impact changes based on what type of
building is being built, what happens to the building once it is completed
and the financial criteria of the building owner.

Sharon Gould, P.E., LEEDR AP, CEM

Franklin Energy/Focus on Energy
Apartment and Condo Efficiency Services
211 S. Paterson Street, Suite 200