[BLDG-SIM] DOE2.2 - Modeling "Fins" on Buildings

Graham Carter & Megan Lyall hamnmegs at ozemail.com.au
Tue Feb 20 17:35:25 PST 2007

Lynn
The Therm software publicly available from the Windows & Daylighting
group at LBNL allows a 2D finite element analysis of frames / thermal
bridging.  I have used this to look at aluminium and concrete thermal
bridging to arrive at "effective" insulation values.  I use this
information to adjust inputs on other programs such as DOE-22 to
reduce insulation thicknesses etc.  Not sure what version Therm is up
to but it is industry recognised for this type of analysis and allows
a range of boundary conditions to be defined (heat flux, convection,
long wave radiation etc).
Regards,
Graham