[bldg-sim] Building energy simulation

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 00:13:55 PST 2007

Sir:

Are you familiar with eQuest? This is a Windows based
extention of the US Department of Energy's DOE-2
program (used all over the world). It has several
features which I believe meet your criteria:

1) It is FREE for download from www.doe2.com web site.

2) It is an hourly analysis program (8,760 hr/year).

3) It can be operated in a simple Wizard (Schematic or
Detailed Design), or in a Detailed Edit mode (much
more difficult).

4) Weather from all over the world can be used with
this program.

5) It has a large built in library of materials and
constructions for your enveope evaluation needs. Or
you can create your own envelope composition.

See if this program might be of benefit to you.