[BLDG-SIM] equest command line

hamnmegs at ozemail.com.au hamnmegs at ozemail.com.au
Wed Feb 14 14:06:03 PST 2007

Chris,
EQuest still creates an INP which you can run in batch mode using the DOE22
executable - separately downloaded from doe2.com.

Another alternative is the WINDOE2 interface that comes with DOE22 that
you can
load and run individual INP's.

I still use the DOE22 executable in batch mode and I also use WINDOE2 where I
just have a handful of runs and want to avoid the time needed to load a large
file into EQuest ...

Be aware that the three simulation engines may give slightly different results
so stick with one method for comparative results.  Also last year I
experienced
some stability problems with batch mode simulations.  At the time Jeff Hirsch
indicated that the three methods have different levels of stability
with EQuest
being the most robust followed by WINDOE2 and the DOE22 batch mode being the
most unstable.  I can't remember all the details and generally the batch mode
works great, just something to be mindful of ...

Command prompt as you probably know is under Start - Programs - Accessories.

Regards,
Graham