[bldg-sim] Building Information Modeling

Paul Hay phay at cwjamaica.com
Fri Jan 26 08:00:41 PST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Hay
To: ramana.koti at gmail.com
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: [bldg-sim] Building Information Modeling

Hi Ramana,

Only Autodesk's Architectural Desktop [ADT] is listed as being IFC 2x compliant, as of 2003 <see http://www.bauwesen.fh-muenchen.de/iai/ImplementationOverview.htm> . But, Revit has recently been added.

It is my understanding that ADT requires an add-on to fully utilize IFC capabilities.  In energy simulations undertaken on the Freedom Tower, which was created with ADT, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratories used Graphisoft's ArchiCAD.  This may be of importance to you since the Freedom Tower also involved daylight simulations.

Paul Hay
Managing Partner

PAUL HAY Consultants
15a Cassia Park Road
Kingston 10
Jamaica, W.I.

Strategic Facility Planning & Office Automation

tel: +1 (876) 923-8882/or
      +1 (876) 923-9433
fax: +1 (876)923-3038

website: www.phcjamaica.com