[bldg-sim] creating budget cases

Aulbach, John jaulbach at nexant.com
Tue Jan 23 13:26:59 PST 2007

Aaron:

Too bad your buildings are not in California. Both EnergyPro (Gabel
Associates) and eQuest model a Title-24 Base case building with what you
give it as the actual building. It changes the schedules as well to
Title-24.

EnergyPro is currently approved, with eQuest due for approval by the
California Energy Commission in a month or so.

The only other potential I know is the effort by the Oregon Energy Trust
to get a version of eQuest to bless the Oregon version of
ASHRAE-90.1-2004.  Since 90.1 is a Standard, many states reference this
Standard, then add their own "tidbits" to it as they see fit. So it
would be difficult to modify the standard for each case.

Having done work through the Utah Energy FinAnswer program, I know the
effort you speak of trying to create a base case building.

Email Jeff Hirsch at jeff.hirsch at doe2.com to see what might be "cooking"
with future eQuests.

Also consider joining BSUG (Building Simulation Users Group), a group of
modelers who met by web cast once a month to discuss such issues.
Contact kathryn.j.henderson at saic.com in Portland, Oregon, who
coordinates the seminar, once a month.