[BLDG-SIM] eQUEST

RobertWichert robert at wichert.org
Mon Jul 23 07:49:25 PDT 2007

This is my first post.  I hope it gets through to the list.

I just installed eQUEST and I am trying to evaluate a simple two zone /
two system single floor (with basement) 1500 sq. ft. building.  I keep
getting errors asking for input as follows: "Hot Deck Supply Flow
(HSUPPLY-FLOW) (no default)".  When I go to the input screen, everything
is filled in, and the error will not clear.

If I bypass this error, the results are bad.  It will give a screen with
"---PRELIMINARY DESIGN DOES NOT MEET TITLE 24--- ... Hours outside
throttling range >10 Percent".  The Title 24 printout has "0" for the
heating standard design, and basically everything is out of compliance.

I would be happy to buy a book, call an expert, or go to a class on
eQUEST, but none of that seems to be quickly available.  This list is
the only resource given, so I am giving it a try.

Any ideas?   Anybody?

Thanks!

Robert Wichert