[BLDG-SIM] Equest - Heat Pipe Energy Recovery

Mark Prince mprince at aeieng.com
Tue Jul 31 14:41:53 PDT 2007

Greetings all,

I have a 100% outside air handling unit serving a laboratory facility that I'm modeling in eQuest.  We are looking into using a "heat pipe" for energy recovery.  From the manufacturer, I have obtained a sensible effectiveness and an air pressure drop for the heat pipe.  However, eQuest has two other pieces of information that it is looking for with regard to these heat pipes: "HX Air Film Resist" and "Air Film Resist Exp".  I asked the manufacturer if he knew what these were in regards to and he did not know.  Equest does not provide any default values for these two items.  So, for the time being, I have entered "0" in for both of them.  I read the dictionary help on these two items, but did not fully understand it.

Can anyone help explain the significance of these two items?  In addition, can you also pass along to me some numerical values that I might use?  They do not need to be very exact at this stage in the design.

Thanks,

Mark Prince
Affiliated Engineers
5802 Research Park Blvd.