[BLDG-SIM] Wall too thick error

Jon Previtali jonprevitali at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 15:13:38 PDT 2007

Hello,

I'm using BEOpt to model packed earth structures as part of my masters project with walls up to 3' thick.  For walls over 2', I get a DOE 2 error that says the wall is "too thick or too dense" and then the simulation ceases  Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

A compromise I am considering is using a maximum 2' thickness, but increasing the specific heat or density of the material to simulate thicker walls.  Is there a better way?

Thanks,
Jon

Jon Previtali, 303-492-0516, jonprevitali at yahoo.com
M.S. Student, Building Systems Program
Energy Program Staff, CU Environmental Center
University of Colorado, Boulder