[BLDG-SIM] pitched roof in eQuest

Karen Walkerman kwalkerman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 10:40:52 PDT 2007

Hi Anna,

Pitched roofs can be a pain.  If your geometry is complicated, the program
will not be able to calculate the pitched roof geometry.  Simple rectangles,
L-shapes and T-shapes work the best for pitched roofs.  You may be able to
simplify the geometry a little bit and have the program calculate the
pitched roof.

The other way to handle it is to break the building into a couple of shells
and then do the pitched roof.  The program will always locate the main
peak along the longer dimension of a rectangle.  Sometimes you can also
approximate using flat roofs, depending on what info you are after.

If it's a really complicated roof, I usually get as close as I can using the
wizard, and then make edits in detailed edit mode.

One thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to get the wizard to do
knee walls or cathedral ceilings--anyone know?

Hope this helps.

~karen~

--
Karen Walkerman