[BLDG-SIM] Energy use for elevators

Eric Yang Eric.Yang at smithgroup.com
Wed Jul 25 06:06:56 PDT 2007

It is from Table G-1 of the "User's Manual of ASHRAE 90.1 2004".   The
schedule has a different percentage for each business hour. I believe
there have been several discussions on this topic, and you can search in
this mailing list.  Drury Crawley previously recommended a white paper
from ACEEE about the actual energy consumptions of elevator usage.
http://www.aceee.org/buildings/coml_equp/elevators.pdf   If you use
Energyplus, the schedule is already combined in its standard schedule
library.

Hope this helps.

Eric