[BLDG-SIM] eQUEST

Andrew Craig andrew_c at ieice.com
Mon Jul 23 08:12:07 PDT 2007

Robert---

What kind of HVAC system are you specifying?  Clearly whatever it is,
the program is having trouble finding an input for this parameter.  You
can probably fix the error by inputting the value in the 'detailed edit'
mode, if you are familiar yet with that term.

Save trying to go to a class, I would recommend going through a few of
the eQUEST tutorials that are on the internet as a starting point to
learn some of the basics.  Here are some links...

Basic eQUEST tutorial that covers the basics:

http://www.doe2.com/download/equest/eQUESTv3-40_Tutorial.exe

Here's a pdf of a training workbook that Energy Design Resources put out
in Sept. 2004.  Just a heads up, it's a large file (602 pages) but
there's some good info.

http://doe2.com/download/equest/eQuestTrainingWorkbook.pdf

Here is a zip file of the examples referenced in the training workbook:

http://doe2.com/download/equest/eQuestTrainingWorkbook_Examples.zip

Hope that helps, good luck!

Andrew Craig, EIT, LEED(r) AP | Mechanical Designer
INTERFACE ENGINEERING
708 SW Third Avenue | Suite 400 | Portland, OR 97204
direct: 503.382.2696
office: 503.382.2266
fax: 503.382.2262
email: Andrew_C at ieice.com
web: www.ieice.com
Consultants of Choice to the Built Environment for over 35 years
Kirkland, WA | Portland, OR | Sacramento, CA | Salem, OR | SanFrancisco,
CA