[BLDG-SIM] Exterior Lighting

Brandon Nichols BrandonN at Hargis.biz
Fri Jul 6 08:35:41 PDT 2007

Hello Tara,

See screen 23 of the eQuest DD wizard.  There is an input for exterior
lighting in watts per square foot for the selected shell.  This
unfortunately is not the way exterior power is more generally
characterized, namely as watts per linear foot of perimeter.

The input number is stored in the pd2 file, and is multiplied by the
shell square footage to obtain the EXTERIOR-POWER value in kilowatts
found in the inp file.  The EXT-USAGE keyword looks like it's used only
to assign exterior power to a particular electric meter.

Generally I assign all the exterior lighting load to the first floor
Shell.  You might try entering the data as described above into the
wizard, then saving the file and searching for the keywords you're
looking for in the inp file to see the syntax of how they're used.

HTH...

Brandon Nichols, PE
Mechanical
HARGIS ENGINEERS