[BLDG-SIM] energy consumption of low-E glazing , why the cooling energy increases

Llona, Joseph Joseph.Llona at tetratech.com
Mon Jul 30 08:42:35 PDT 2007

I ran into this once on  lab project in the northwest (mild climate).  Turned out the higher performance glazing was trapping the high internal heat gains. Higher cooling energy and lower heating energy.

Joe Llona, P.E. LEED® AP, CSBA | Senior Mechanical Engineer
Direct: 206.883.9318 | Main: 206.883.9300 | Fax: 206.883.9301
joseph.llona at tetratech.com

Tetra Tech | Infrastructure Group
1420 Fifth Avenue, Suite 600 | Seattle, Washington 98101 | www.tetratech.com

PLEASE NOTE:  This message, including any attachments, may include privileged, confidential and/or inside information. Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.