[BLDG-SIM] Public Comment Period Underway for Standard 189P

Harvey Bryan Harvey.Bryan at asu.edu
Fri Jun 1 10:37:45 PDT 2007

I just want to let everyone know that the 189P Standard, "Standard for the Design of High-Performance Green Buildings" is available for public review (see note below). What I find interesting is that Appendix G, which is informational only in 90.1 is now being introduced as a normative appendix (called Appendix D in 189P). From previous comments on Bldg-Sim, I gather that there are alot of issues with Appendix G, if it becomes normative under 189P the Bldg-Sim community may become bound by this rule set. Thus, I believe it is important for the Bldg-Sim community to make comments that will improve on Appendix G (or D).

Regards,

Harvey Bryan

Standard 189 Now Open for Public Comment

Standard 189P, a proposed new standard that will provide minimum guidelines for green building practices, is nearly complete and has been released for public review and comment. A copy of the draft along with comment forms can be downloaded from http://www.ashrae.org/technology/page/331#849 and comments will be accepted through July 9, 2007. The standard is being developed by ASHRAE in conjunction with the IESNA and USGBC, and will be the first of its kind in the United States.