[BLDG-SIM] Blind control in eQuest

Kevin Burke kevin.burke at arup.com
Wed Jun 20 02:58:03 PDT 2007

Dear All,

I am running a very simple model in eQuest. I would like to control the
blind operation based on the solar radiation levels and report its
operation in the simulation results document.

The set up I have at the moment is defined in the detailed mode, at
window level and goes as follows:

Shading Schedule:                     Schedule MULTIPLIER

Shading Type:                           Movable interior

Maximum Solar Schedule:          Schedule RADIATION
Max Solar Control: Transmitted Total

Sun Control Probability:              1.0

Open shade schedule:                undefined

Conductance min-T schedule:     undefined

Solar Transmittance schedule:    undefined

Is this correct? I have tried using something other than Schedule
MULTIPLIER in the shading schedule and it doesn't seem to work.

Do I need to define the undefined schedules. The help information is
confusing when available.

Finally how do I report this information in the simulation results
document. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Kevin Burke