[BLDG-SIM] Infiltration rate in ASHRAE 90.1-2004

Zhen Tian tianzhen9 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 12 23:30:14 PDT 2007

Dear all,

  I have a question about the infiltration rate in the ASHRAE 90.1-2004. As we simulate the base case building energy use, we try to find out what is the reference infiltration rate setup up by ASHRAE 90.1-2004. However, we only find in section 5.4.3.2 (page 180) value is "2.0 L/s.m2 for other products". When we use e-QUEST to simulate the building energy use, we found that the default infiltration rate is set as 0.038 CFM/ft2 for exterior wall area, which is about 0.2 L/s.m2 per exterior wall area.

  Could somebody tell me what is the reference infiltration rate per square exterior wall area based on ASHRAE 90.1-2004.

  Thank you very much for your help in advance.

  Regards,

  David