[BLDG-SIM] blown-in cellulose vs batt insulation

David Yuill dyuill at cox.net
Thu Jun 28 12:03:26 PDT 2007

Steve and Jeff:  Your comments seem to be directed at heat transfer, rather
than infiltration.  I agree completely with your comments, Steve, but I
believe that the effect you describe (rock wool falling from the cavities)
would have a negligible effect on infiltration.

John:  The citation you asked for is:  Yuill, G.K. and D.P. Yuill.  1997.
"A Field Study of Whole House Air Infiltration in Residences"  Proceedings
of the 1997 Excellence in Building conference, Denver, CO, pages E7-1 to
E7-6.  This conference was put together by the Energy Efficient Building
Association, which is now called the Energy & Environmental Building
Association (see eeba.org).

David P. Yuill
Building Solutions, Inc.