[BLDG-SIM] chiller plant optimization

Mark Nieman MARKN at McKinstry.com
Fri Jun 22 07:50:56 PDT 2007

It sounds like you were modeling the chiller plant in one of the
Wizards. You'll need to switch to Detailed Data Edit (under the Mode
menu). You'll then be able to model your plant, specifying different
chiller sizes and types (you'll also get access to more chiller options
in the Detailed Data Edit Mode. When in the Detailed Data Edit Mode, you
can right-click on entry fields and select Item Help to see what the
DOE-2.2 manual says about the variable or topic (for example, the EIR or
electric input ratio is the inverse of the COP at rated or design
conditions, depending on how you set the SPECIFIED-AT variable).

Mark Nieman, PE, CEM
Sr. Energy Engineer
McKinstry Essention
Direct: (206) 832-8152
Cell: (206) 510-4760
FAX: (206) 832-8552
http://www.mckinstry.com <http://www.mckinstry.com/>
"For The Life Of Your Building"

________________________________

From: BLDG-SIM at gard.com [mailto:BLDG-SIM at gard.com] On Behalf Of Sachin
Jamadagni
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 7:22 AM
To: BLDG-SIM at gard.com
Subject: [BLDG-SIM] chiller plant optimization

We are looking to model a complex chiller plant which has six chillers
of different sizes. I started to model the building in e-quest and
noticed that we can model only two sizes and types of chillers, i.e. we
can model three screw compressor chillers of 1000 tons and three
centrifugal hermetic chillers of 800 tons, but we can not model six
chillers of different sizes or types. I was wondering whether there is
any way to tweak e-quest to make this model work.

If it's difficult or impractical to model this in e-quest, which
building software would you recommend to achieve this? Our main goal
here is to optimize the chiller plant by running different scenarios,
different chiller sequencing, different supply temperatures,
retrofitting chillers by installing VFD's etc...

Thanks & Regards,

Sachin

This email is the property of McKinstry or one of its affiliates and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.

Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.