[BLDG-SIM] Use of BPS in design practice

CK Tang ckmail at pd.jaring.my
Tue Jun 19 19:21:41 PDT 2007

Christina,

Over the past 2-3 years, I have been using BPS, namely IES, not for code
compliance but for actual design of demonstration buildings, such as the
Low Energy Office and  Zero Energy Office in Malaysia. Extensive use of
daylighting simulation were conducted to ensure that the building will
get evenly distributed daylight for most of the daytime hours while
energy simulation were conducted to ensure that the system in place have
reasonable payback periods while meeting the energy target.

Kind regards,

CK