[BLDG-SIM] Use of BPS in design practice

Chris Jones cj at cr-jay.ca
Tue Jun 19 10:32:43 PDT 2007

Complience with the Model National Energy Code in Canada is
demonstrated using DOE2.1e.  The now defunct Commercial Building
Incentive Program provided incentives of up to $60,000 for projects
that could show a 25% reduction in energy use over the MNECB
Reference case using whole building energy simulation with DOE2.1e.

LEED and LEED Canada both require simulation to show compliance and
to achieve credit points based on the amount of energy cost savings
demonstrated using DOE2.1e, DOE2.2, EnergyPlus, <others??>.

At 10:55 2007-06-19, you wrote:
>Hi Christina,
>
>DOE2/eQuest is used in Australia as part of a voluntary but
>influential rating system called ABGR (Australian Building
>Greenhouse Gas Rating).
>
>IES is a National Calculation Method approved tool for complying
>with England/Wales' Building Regulations concerning the conservation
>of fuel and energy.
>
>I believe DOE2/eQuest may be used in California also as part of
>regulation compliance measures.
>
>Kind Regards
>
>Kevin Burke

Chris Jones, P.Eng.