[BLDG-SIM] calibration problem

Gulsu Ulukavak Harputlugil g.ulukavak.harputlugil at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:18:31 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have two questions about BPS calibration. In literature almost all
methodology on calibration is about to calibrate BPS with actual/measured
data or utility bills of real building. On the other hand, recently there
are many disscussions and researches are held on using/integrating BPS in
early design scheme analysis. Now my question is; during this
early/schematic phase of design, with very limited information about the
future building, how can we calibrate BPS to simulate our unique design?
During the early design phase we have almost no idea about the final project
of the building because it is still under-design.

The other question is; For sensitivity analysis of a representative box
model (with only 4 zones) is it necessary to calibrate BPS? If so, the first
question is idem..The box model represents an early design scheme of a
building and the aim is to reveal the effective parameters on energy
consumption of the model by sensitivity analysis...

Anyway, If any of you have an idea, it will be appreciated.....

Thanks in advance...

Gulsu Ulukavak Harputlugil