[BLDG-SIM] Residential Internal Gains in IECC 2006

Mike Tillou miket at etcgrp.com
Tue Mar 20 09:49:59 PDT 2007

Does anyone know the history of the internal gain equation that is included in Table 404.5.2 in Section 404 (Residential Performance Approach) of IECC 2006.

Using it a 3 bedroom 2,000 square foot house would have a total daily internal gain of 77,812 BTU which would be equivalent to 22.8 kWh a day (assuming its all electric).  I am just trying to get a sense of how reasonable this number is.  I do realize it is supposed to represent all internal gains including lighting.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

Michael Tillou, PE, LEED AP
ETC Group
Williamstown, MA 01267
ph: 413-458-9870
mb: 413-652-1087

ENERGY ENGINEERING FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE