[BLDG-SIM] Position Announcement - Energy Modeler/Analyst

Lee DeBaillie LDeBaillie at ecw.org
Tue Mar 13 14:19:33 PDT 2007

The Energy Center of Wisconsin seeks entry-level to mid-career
candidates for a building energy modeling and energy analyst position.
The full position description is below.  Please feel free to forward to
any interested persons you may know. Thank you,Lee DeBaillie, PESenior
Project ManagerEnergy Center of Wisconsinldebaillie at ecw.org
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Project
Manager * Energy AnalystHelp us make a difference. The Energy Center of
Wisconsin is seeking an entry-level to mid-career individual with
demonstrated enthusiasm for sustainable design, and motivation to
improve the energy efficiency of our society. If you are stimulated by
challenges, enjoy a flexible team environment, love variety in subject
matter and tasks, and want to help the general public, we would like you
to join us. The individual will be responsible for the evaluation of
energy saving strategies in buildings, including quantifying energy
system performance and economics.  Experience and education in energy
analysis and energy modeling software such as EQuest, EnergyPlus,
TRYNSYS, TRACE, or other similar environments is highly desirable.
Experience with building systems, sustainable design, and interpreting
building plans and specifications is also a plus.  We will train the
right individual as necessary.  The candidate should possess the ability
to work in a team environment, including communications skills such as
report writing and public presentations.  The ability to summarize and
communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience is highly
valued.  The candidate should also possess fundamental project
management skills such as project planning, budgeting, and the ability
to achieve project goals and deadlines. Minimum requirements are a
bachelor's degree in a technical discipline such as engineering or
architecture, and a fundamental knowledge of building systems and
thermal science.  Ideal candidates will posses an advanced degree in a
technical discipline, experience in energy systems modeling, advanced
knowledge of building science, and a desire to develop solid technical
skills in the emerging field of sustainable design. We offer a
competitive salary, progressive work environment and excellent benefits.
Interested candidates should send or email a resume, cover letter and
any salary expectations (no phone calls please) by Friday, March 30,
2007 to: Human Resources DirectorEnergy Center of Wisconsin455 Science
Drive, Suite 200Madison, WI 53711cthacker at ecw.org Affirmative Action /
Equal Opportunity Employer