[BLDG-SIM] Green Building Studio

Varkie Thomas thomasv at iit.edu
Wed Mar 21 14:46:27 PDT 2007

There is someone here who has developed a BIM (by Autodesk) input interface to DOE2.1E and eQUEST.  He has developed procedures that can convert scanned drawings & pictures of buildings and create a BIM model.  It may not be ready for commercial use and the engineering systems and plant components may be weak.
Regarding my last post on converting DOE2 "*.bin" weather files to tables and charts, it is also possible to take the hourly Fortran variable output from DOE2.1E (or VisualDOE) and eQUEST (or DOE2.2), transfer it to an Excel file, and program it in Excel/VB to perform additional analysis.  There will be a eQUEST (May 21-22) and VisualDOE (May 23-24) training seminar at IIT.  The announcement with instructions for on-line registrations with credit payments will be posted soon.  The contact is Caroline Morais.