[BLDG-SIM] Thermal Ice Storage using Phase Change Material

Joel Londenberg jlondenberg at designwesteng.com
Fri Mar 16 08:44:48 PDT 2007

The U of A uses water ice as the phase change material for thermal
storage.  I visited their TES plant, it was very interesting and they
were very accommodating with tours.  If any of you have the opportunity
I highly recommend visiting.

If I remember correctly, they have the largest TES system in the Western
USA and run an entire campus, about 10k tons cooling, on 3 pumps.

http://www.fm.arizona.edu/general/iceplant.cfm

http://iiewww.ccit.arizona.edu/uamap/campus-map_Jan-04.pdf

Joel Londenberg >>
Project Manager
DESIGN WEST ENGINEERING
1845 Business Center Drive, Suite 215
San Bernardino, CA  92408
voice (909) 890-3700 ext: 204 | fax (909) 890-3770
jlondenberg at designwesteng.com