[BLDG-SIM] eQuest/baseline basics/ZONING, etc.

David S Eldridge DSE at grummanbutkus.com
Thu Mar 1 11:31:56 PST 2007

Zoning will always be the same in both buildings.  Each zone will be
served by either a single zone system or a central system depending on
the mapping.

Use the system mapping in Table G.3.1.1A and B.  The baseline system is
determined based on residential or non-residential, size (if
non-residential) and the fuel source for the proposed design.

The mapping may be giving you a lot of (inefficient?) single zone units,
App G is designed to give you credit for using a more efficient overall
system in that case.  If you meet one of the size thresholds, then you
will take your existing zones and serve them from a central VAV system
of some type, even though you have smaller distributed systems in your
proposed design.

If you haven't picked up the standard's user manual yet, that would be a
good acquisition.  Otherwise I don't know of much - Google does a great
job of searching through bldg-sim history.  Include "bldg-sim" in your
search, or use the search function off of Gard's page.

David