[BLDG-SIM] On Site Renewables and the Energy Cost Budget Method

Tupper, Kendra Kendra.Tupper at sf.fk.com
Thu May 31 11:37:49 PDT 2007

I am working on a project in NY City and we are using the Energy Cost
Budget (ECB) in Chapter 11 of ASHRAE 90.1-1999 to show code compliance.
This project may have on site solar power, which we would like to use to
help comply with the energy code.

There is no mention of on site generation in the ECB Method - are you
allowed to model this and deduct energy produced from on site
renewables, as is allowed Appendix G of ASHRAE 90.1-2004?

Thank you,

Kendra

Kendra Tupper
LEED(r) AP
 FLACK + KURTZ
405 Howard Street		415.398.3833 Main
Suite 500			415.402.5840 Direct
San Francisco, CA 94105		415.433.5311 Fax
http://www.flackandkurtz.com	kendra.tupper at sf.fk.com

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in
error)
please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.