[BLDG-SIM] Equest - Problem meeting Heating Setpoints with Heat Pump

Ian Doebber Ian.Doebber at arup.com
Fri May 11 11:38:28 PDT 2007

This is a recurring problem I have found as I use eQuest.

Spaces with low occupancy and high equipment loads (electrical
rooms/servers/etc) will cause the Heat Pump airside system to not meet
the minimum heating setpoint. Furthermore, if I try to change the system
to another, more standard system (VAV), the program remembers whatever
issue it had with the Heat Pump. I have to delete the system and start
fresh with another, reassigning all the zones. Can you help explain why
I can't use heat pumps attached to the condenser loop without having
heating-side issues?

Thanks,

Taylor