[BLDG-SIM] Import CAD file to Equest

weixiu kong weixiuk at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 19:38:14 PDT 2007

Thanks to everyone. I can import CAD file now.

The drawing that I have tried to import is an architectural base drawing and it references to another file. After detached the referenced drawing and made it only one layer, the CAD file can be imported. BTW, I use AutoCAD 2007.

Weixiu

David S Eldridge <DSE at grummanbutkus.com> wrote:     Is  this a full drawing from a project?

 I've often copied only the layer I need, or even most of the time I make a new layer that is only the outline of what I need, into a new drawing for import.  No backgrounds and all of that stuff, just outlines of the zones that I'll need to trace.

 Good  luck!

 David