[BLDG-SIM] Negative net wall area

Brandon Nichols BrandonN at Hargis.biz
Fri May 18 10:11:45 PDT 2007

Presuming you're using eQuest, you may want to use or modify the
following user expressions to define the glass.  This is what they look
like within the DOE2 file; if you're writing them using the detailed
editor interface, the syntax is slightly different (e.g. I don't believe
you need the equals-sign or anything to the left of it):

X = {PARENT("WIDTH")*0.025}
Y = 0
HEIGHT = {PARENT("HEIGHT")}
WIDTH = {PARENT("WIDTH")*0.95}

The expressions above cover 95% of a given wall surface with glass.  You
may be able to bump it up.

Regards

Brandon Nichols, PE
Mechanical