[BLDG-SIM] Thanks for help with eQuest calibration

Seun Odukomaiya oodukoma at purdue.edu
Fri Nov 23 12:21:32 PST 2007

Guys,

I am overwhelmed with the response to my post about needing help with an
eQuest calibration. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your
willingness to help. I will try some of the things that were suggested. In
the mean time, here is some more information about my eQuest model:

Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

Air-Side HVAC: Single-Zone Reheat with chilled water coil, electric heating
coil, and heat recovery

Water-Side HVAC: Chilled water loop with screw compressor

It is my understanding that with a reheat system, the cooling coil is
supposed to overcool the incoming air to achieve the needed
dehumidification. When this happens, the heating coil is then supposed to
reheat the temperature back up to the zone setpoint. Is this correct? If
this is the case, shouldn't the heating coil have to do more work? My
humidity setpoint is 45% RH. Also, is there a different way to model a steam
humidifier in eQuest besides the "humidistat" option. It seems limited in
terms of input parameters.

I have matched the model's heating element capacity (kW) to that of the
actual building. I will try some of your suggestions, such as decreasing
internal loads, and increasing outside air %. Again, thank you so much, and
I will keep you posted on any progress

Seun Odukomaiya

Mechanical Engineering Technology

Purdue University