[BLDG-SIM] one more appendix G question--purchased steam for system 3?

Karen Walkerman kwalkerman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 09:14:15 PST 2007

Hello again,

I have another appendix G question:  The building I'm modeling uses
geothermal heat pumps for 3 zones, and steam baseboard heat for the
other 20 or so other zones and is 2 floors.  This puts me at Type 3
for the baseline heating system (PSZ-AC).  The heating method for this
system is listed as a Furnace, but according to G.3.1.1.1 Purchased
Heat: "For systems using purchased hot water or steam, hot water or
steam costs shall be based on actual utility rates, and on-site
boilers shall not be modeled in the baseline building design."

Any thoughts on what the baseline system should be?  I'm thinking
steam coils using the purchased steam, any thoughts?

Thanks again for all the help.

--
Karen Walkerman
Second Law Consulting