[BLDG-SIM] Appendix G Supply Fan Power

Karen Walkerman kwalkerman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 13:56:34 PST 2007

Hi All,

Question about ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G3.1.2.9 (calculation for fan energy use):

does this apply only to the baseline model?  I assume that actual fan
power should be used for the proposed design, but ASHRAE doesn't state
it explicitly.

Also, should fan power use be calculated for each space served by an
independent system, or for the whole building?

I am modeling a building that is supplied with baseboard heat, and no
cooling.  There are a number of small offices that have independent
thermostats for heating.  As per LEED requirements, these spaces must
be modeled as having mechanical cooling.  Some of the spaces only
require 2-300 cfm of supply air.  If I do the calculation for each
space, I end up with 8 watts/cfm!!!  (can't be right)

Thanks for any input,

~Karen~

--
Karen Walkerman