[BLDG-SIM] Ventilation Fans

Gavin Gui ggui at ers-inc.com
Fri Nov 9 07:02:58 PST 2007

Hi, I am using eQuest to simulate a mid-rise commercial building. The HVAC
system is a simple setup whereby huge axial vane supply fans provide 55F cold
air, under high pressure, to the VAV boxes located at the respective floors.
The air is returned via ducts using similar fans located near the system.
However the modeled results obtained for the vent fans electric demand and
consumption differ greatly from the logged data obtained from the site. The
actual data shows about 75% higher than the model results, both in demand and
consumption.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can advise me on where the problem is or
if there is any way I can fine tune the model to be closer to the actual data.
Thank you.

With regards,

Gavin Gui