[BLDG-SIM] EQuest Exterior Lighting

Andrew Craig andrew_c at ieice.com
Wed Nov 28 18:17:06 PST 2007

Steve---

I didn't know the answer to your first question initially, but knew the second part which ended up solving the first (if that makes any sense).

So second question first, the easiest way to input an exterior lighting load for say a parking lot is by creating an exterior direct load in the Utility and Economics tab in the Detailed Edit mode.  Double click on your electric meter (most likely EM1) and you can create interior or exterior direct loads with their own schedules.

In checking out this tab, I realized that if you input an exterior lighting load (W/sf) in the wizard, it shows up here in kW with the Exterior Lighting Schedule brought in from the wizard.  This kW value corresponds to the entered W/sf times the shell floor area not the wall area.

So I hope that answers your questions...I know I learned something in the process.

Regards,
Andrew Craig
Interface Engineering