[BLDG-SIM] Equest: ERU with added heat and vfd's

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Wed Nov 21 08:27:25 PST 2007

The way I would do it is to use the OA-FROM-SYSTEM keyword and add the
ERU as a separate system with ventilation heat recovery.  In this way,
you can define the heat recovery and power and flow characteristics of
the ERU explicitly.

I usually do this by first creating a very small (1 sq-ft) dummy
space, then a dummy thermal zone for that space.  Then, create the ERU
as a 100% OA constant volume system serving that thermal zone.  Now
comes the fun part.  You close eQUEST, open the .inp with a text
editor and cut the new system and all its keywords from the bottom of
the list of systems and paste it to the top of the system list.  If
you don't do this, when you run the simulation, it will complain that
the OA-FROM-SYSTEM system referenced does not precede the current
system and will abort the sim.  Now, reopen eQUEST and in your 6
systems, use the OA-FROM-SYSTEM keyword on the system, OA tab to
define that the ventilation air is coming from your ERU.

Hope this helps.