[BLDG-SIM] Traction Elevators and LEED Baseline

Zarske, Jim jzarske at nexant.com
Sat Nov 17 11:10:01 PST 2007

We just completed a project with KONE's high efficiency elevator system.
We assumed hydraulic to be the baseline, and the KONE traction elevators
to be the EEM.  KONE has their own software where they ran the analysis
for us for both system types.  They provided the baseline and EEM energy
usuage (kW) of both elevator systems.  We plugged these values into
eQUEST as a direct load to the electric utility meter and used the
elevator default schedule in the eQUEST library.

This project is going for LEED and we'll see if this methodology works
for USGBC.

James Zarske, PE, CEM, LEED AP
Nexant, Inc.
www.nexant.com