[BLDG-SIM] LEED EA Prerequisite 1 and eQUEST

Dana Troy DTroy at glumac.com
Mon Nov 12 15:48:32 PST 2007

EAp2 requires compliance with both sections 5.4-10.4 (mandatory requirements) and 5.5-10.5 (prescriptive requirements). From my understanding, using Appendix G to determine EAc1 points demonstrates compliance with only prescriptive requirements, and not with the mandatory requirements. These requirements include labeling of mechanical equipment (6.4.1.5.1), service hot water piping insulation (7.4.3), and other requirements that cannot be described in an energy model.

The LEED NC 2.2 reference manual says on page 164: "If energy simulations have been developed to document points earned for EA Credit 1, these energy simulations may be used rather than the ECB to demonstrate compliance with the prerequisite," but later in Table 2 on page 167 says that the mandatory measures for "all projects" must be met.

Has anyone dealt with this issue directly?

Dana Troy
Energy Analyst

 <http://www.glumac.com/>
  _____