[BLDG-SIM] simulation costs

Vikram Sami VSami at lasarchitect.com
Mon Nov 5 14:42:12 PST 2007

We are seeing costs ranging from $10,000 to $25,000 and higher depending on the complexity and simulation software used, as well as the type of documentation required (LEED EAc1 documentation is an additional cost for example). For simpler quick and dirty models we have actually seen costs as low as $2,000.

The use of full field solutions is more expensive (CFD, RADTherm etc) ranging from $35K upwards depending on the complexity.

I would be curious to see how these costs come in with respect to other people's experience.

Vikram Sami, LEED AP
Direct Phone 404-253-1466 | Direct Fax 404-253-1366

LORD, AECK & SARGENT ARCHITECTURE
1201 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30361
Responsive Design * Technological Expertise * Exceptional Service
www.lordaecksargent.com

Please don't print this email unless you really have to.
In the United States, we use enough office paper each year to build a 10-foot high wall that's 6,815 miles long or two and a half times the distance from New York to Los Angeles.

~ Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, "Recycling Facts and Figures," PUBL CE-163, 2002.