[BLDG-SIM] ASHRAE 90.1 - window SHGC

Xia Fang xfang at emcengineers.com
Wed Sep 19 11:21:49 PDT 2007

Hi,

For a new building addition 5000sqft tied into existing 30,000sqft
building, when the HVAC system is tied into the existing chiller and
boiler plant, does it mean I will need to model the whole building new
and existing? From interpretations of ASHRAE 90.1-2004 appendix G, table
G3.1, "on alterations and additions", it sort of listed the new building
will need to be completely excluded from existing HVAC in order to be
modeled separately.

And how will the LEED credit be accounted for EA credit 1?

Xia Fang, PE, LEED AP

EMC Engineers, Inc.
www.emcengineers.com <http://www.emcengineers.com/>
Making buildings work.  Better.