[Bldg-sim] eQuest & Mitsubishi VRF systems

Brandon Nichols BrandonN at Hargis.biz
Wed Apr 2 15:37:30 PDT 2008

All,

It is my understanding that Mitsubishi and Daikan funded development of
DOE2 VRF routines that run under EnergyPro and VisualDOE using DOE2.1E,
and there may be some problematic challenges
<http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/bldg-sim-onebuilding.org/2007-Au
gust/006284.html>  hindering simple implementation in eQuest.
.
Will see if I can elicit comment on this topic from eQuest's dynamic,
talented and decidedly underappreciated developers, who tirelessly toil
day and night on our behalf.  Perhaps we can show our appreciation for
them by all lobbying our local Mitsubishi / Daikan reps to secure
funding for a port-to-eQuest effort.  After all, updating to eQuest it
seems would be in the manufacture's best interests, with usage of
variable refrigerant flow systems gaining traction in the marketplace.

As a short-term workaround, am following up on a rumor that there may be
a way for an eQuest parametric run to be manually edited to reference
these routines, provided they can be obtained.  Will also see what I can
do about actually obtaining them.  This isn't a purely altruistic
gesture, I too am working on a VRF system.

More information forthcoming, hopefully...

Brandon Nichols, PE,  LEED AP
Mechanical
HARGIS ENGINEERS
600 Stewart St