[Bldg-sim] Energy Modeler Position Available - New York City

Shoard, Will wshoard at cosentini.com
Wed Apr 16 08:42:01 PDT 2008

Cosentini Associates ( http://www.cosentini.com/ <http://www.cosentini.com/>
) invites you to consider an exciting opportunity within our New York City
Office. We are seeking an Energy Modeler to support our growing green
building consulting practice.

About this opportunity:
This position offers a career challenge, growth and provides access to a
market-leading compensation and benefits package. Your projects will
typically involve modeling for high rise commercial buildings. You will
collect data and perform energy model simulations using contract documents
prepared by the project Architect and Engineer. You will draft reports
communicating the findings from energy modeling software, make
recommendations for improved energy performance and complete associated LEED
documentation. Depending on your level of experience and communication
skills, you may attend project meetings and manage client interactions to
support energy-related decision making on Cosentini projects.

What kind of candidate are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have experience designing energy systems,
performing iterative energy models for commercial buildings, analyzing
results, and presenting recommendations to clients. Candidates must be
proficient with energy modeling software such as Trace 700, Energy Plus,
eQuest, Visual DOE, etc. The candidate must be familiar with the LEED Green
Building Rating Systems, particularly as they pertain to building energy
use.

Why join Cosentini?
Cosentini is a nationally recognized MEP design firm with strength in green
building and sustainability design. We have offices in New York City,
Chicago and Boston. Our signature projects are many and include high rise
buildings such as the Chicago Spire which is currently under construction
and will soon be the tallest building in the United States. As part of the
Tetra Tech family of companies we are home to some of the best minds in the
country including nationally renowned subject matter experts. Tetra Tech has
more than 250 offices worldwide and employs approximately 7,500 people.

Email your resume to Diana Soto-Alvarez, email address:
DSoto-Alvarez at cosentini.com

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY

This E-mail message and its attachments (if any) are intended solely for the use of the addressees hereof.  In addition, this message and the attachments (if any) may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are prohibited from reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating or otherwise using this transmission.  Delivery of this message to any person other than the intended recipient is not intended to waive any right or privilege.  If you have received this message in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply E-mail and immediately delete this message from your system.