[Bldg-sim] Energy model change upon contract modification

Eric Yang Eric.Yang at smithgroup.com
Thu Apr 17 07:52:09 PDT 2008

All,

I have a question of the energy modeling requirement based on the
contract modification.  We have previously completed an energy analysis
for a LEED CS project and finished EA credit 1 documentation.  This
project has been in the construction administration phase over one year.
Recently, a new auditorium is to be added in the courtyard as a contract
modification (new addition to the existing building).  The auditorium is
detached from the base building and will use a separate mechanical
system.

Are we required to update the energy model for EA credit 1 for this new
auditorium?  I know that a CIR may be helpful for us, but it will take
sometime.  I just want to ask if anyone has some similar experience from
USGBC and would like to share?   Thanks for your help,

Best regards,

Eric Yang

Mechanical Engineer Group

LEED AP, C.E.M

SmithGroup

1850 K Street NW, Suite 250

Washington, D.C. 20006

D  2 0 2 . 9 7 4 . 4 5 5 5

F  7 3 4 . 7 8 0 . 8 6 7 1

eric.yang at smithgroup.com <mailto:eric.yang at smithgroup.com>

"One of the Best AEC Firms to Work For
<http://www.bdcnetwork.com/article/CA6440632.html> "

Building Design + Construction Magazine, May 2007

See how we do it. /

www.smithgroup.com <http://www.smithgroup.com/>