[Bldg-sim] eQuest Wizard Error?

Paul Lincicome PLincicome at tmecorp.com
Wed Apr 30 08:45:39 PDT 2008

I am modeling a building with multiple areas served by multiple different
system types. It is tied to a campus chilled water and steam system; however,
I'm letting the wizard create a chiller and boiler plant for the chilled
water and heating water load. I have not left the wizard for any
modifications. When I finish in the DD wizard and simulate the project, I get
an error stating this:

***ERROR*********************************************************************
**

             In S8 Sys (VAVS)                   , cooling coil leaving
temperature must

             be at least 6F higher than entering water temp.

All the values for chilled water design temp and supply air temperature (the
only ones I think will affect it in the Wizard) have been left as the default
44 and 55 deg respectively. All other systems in the building modeled
properly.

My co-worker is currently modeling a separate building on the same campus and
encountered the same exact problem with a different system type.

Has anyone else ever encountered this error? Is there a simple way to fix it?

Paul Lincicome, EI

Energy Engineer

5800 Evergreen, Suite A

Little Rock, AR, 72205