[Bldg-sim] Trombe Walls in eQuest

Vikram Sami VSami at lasarchitect.com
Mon Apr 7 14:29:49 PDT 2008

Demba,
I tried to model Trombe Walls for a project I was doing in Asheville, NC
in eQUEST. like you, I drew a blank. There are a couple of things you
could use:

1. SunREL - a software program developed at NREL for passive solar.
2. You could also perform hand calculations based on the LSR/SSF method
3. Our office worked with Penn State to optimize the Trombe Walls and
other aspects of the building using CFD.

Good luck

Vikram Sami, LEED AP
Direct Phone 404-253-1466 | Direct Fax 404-253-1366

LORD, AECK & SARGENT ARCHITECTURE
1201 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30361
Responsive Design * Technological Expertise * Exceptional Service
www.lordaecksargent.com

Please don't print this email unless you really have to.
In the United States, we use enough office paper each year to build a
10-foot high wall that's 6,815 miles long or two and a half times the
distance from New York to Los Angeles.

~ Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, "Recycling Facts and
Figures," PUBL CE-163, 2002.